Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Rodarte for Target. Yes. Yes. YES!


Ok, so I know this is old news, but Rodarte for Target is coming to stores next week!  I admit, I haven't kept up with the hype, and I had only caught a sneak peak of those camera-phone snapshots that were floating around the internet while I was working at Lucky. I was turned off by the half-dressed models, and weird Willy Wonka sunglasses, but the sequin rib-cage dress has been in the back of my mind since July, and my whole wardrobe is pretty much from Target (I’m not exactly the picture of high fashion).

Well, I've finally gotten around to looking at the look book, and I am blown away.  If there is any one collection that emulates how I feel when I listen to My Bloody Valentine's Loveless, this collection would be it.  I'm not just saying that because it's been on my mind, or because I've been trying desperately to draw the same sort of emotions in my own music. Everything down to the logo design is Loveless. 

This collection is soft and feminine with dark edges that make me feel like I'm peaking at the ripped out pages of a diary entry I was never supposed to see—the innocent bow details mixed in with slinky leopard print, lace, and mesh.  Even though it’s highly inspired by the 13-year-old fashion blogger of Style Rookie, this collection seems, for lack of other words, dangerous—like dark red lipstick, combat boots, and waist length hair.

 Loveless is the one album that makes me feel like I am floating underwater, but I don’t need to breathe.  It’s the sort of feeling that causes me tap on the jellyfish tank at the aquarium, wondering how something so soft could be laced with poison.  Well, Target, I’m ready to take my chances and jump right in with the sharks!

The collection will be available until January 31st, and I can’t can’t can’t wait to see it in person.

Wordpress doesn't allow embedding flash, which is another reason I should have chosen Blogspot (Wordpress is just so clean looking), but anyway, click here to stream "Sometimes" by My Bloody Valentine, from YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment