Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's almost Christmas!



On Thursday I went on a trip to the Council of Literary Magazines and Presses and learned a world of things about book and literary magazine publishing.  They have a library that is open to the public by appointment, which has a great selection of issues from various members (such as Fence and A Public Space, whose editors I got to meet).

After that, I met up with Kris to do the most touristy thing I could think of— seeing the tree in Rockefeller Center.  I couldn't get any good pictures, because Kris is terrible at taking pictures, and it was really dark.  If you can imagine, the tree was really big and really sparkly, and I was underwhelmed, cold, and hungry.  Apparently, a Magnolia Bakery opened up around there, and Kris almost had a heart-attack when we passed it.  We were in search of dinner, but when you see one of those life pretty much comes to a complete stop.  I've never even gotten anything except boring vanilla, but I don't want to try something else because it is too good to risk passing up!

As soon as we scarfed down our pre-dinner dessert, we arbitrarily picked a Thai place to eat at and stumbled upon Pongsri.  It was probably the most delicious food I have tasted (and Kris, who's a real foodie, agrees!).  Their Tom Kha Gai (Thai Chicken Coconut Soup) was like nothing I've ever tasted.  It just tasted like so much, and I have decided that I only want to eat that for as long as I live.  Their curry was also the best curry I have ever had.

Does anyone know any other good Thai places in the NYC area?

No comments:

Post a Comment