Monday, February 8, 2010

The best thing about harlem.



The best thing about Harlem, by far, is the Spicy Special.  Hailing from the most random of all delis, its contents are a complete mystery, and only rumors of what's inside have been spread throughout Columbia University, whose student's pegged the sandwich as a trademark.  Nearly every student I've met has said something along the lines of "Did you know they named it that because of me?" or "We invented that sandwich." I cannot vouch for the validity of any of those statements as 2/3 of them came from those who were intoxicated, but I can vouch for its cheesy, meaty, spicy goodness.

As a general rule, all evidence of Spicy Specials actually existing must be documented no sooner than 1am in order to for it obtain its mystique. Seriously though, I've never had one of these things at a decent hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment