Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Macaroni and Cheese Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting



If I was banished to a desert island and there was only one kind of food I could eat, I would pick macaroni and cheese or mashed potatos (well, okay. It'd probably be Mountain Dew and sushi, but one can't sustain themselves on that alone unless they want diabetes and mercury poisoning).

I found these macaroni and cheese cupcakes this morning when I was browsing the Family Kitchen (pros of working for a magazine with a killer food section!), but I also thought, "what is a cupcake without frosting?" Everyone knows the only real cure for a broken heart and an unfortunate month is drinking until you're stupid or a carb overload—clearly, I chose the one that would affect my waistline and not my judgement. I topped each "cupcake" with a dollop of homemade mashed potatoes and buttery, toasted breadcrumbs.

I wish that I didn't leave for work/come home in the dark. All of my pictures are just not right without natural light.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, Mariel. Those mashed potatoes take this recipe over.the.freaking.top. If I were stranded on a desert island, it's mashed potatoes for me, too. Looks like we'd better get ourselves stranded together, stat!

    ReplyDelete