Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tea Party at Lady Mendl's Tea Salon



Last Sunday we threw a surprise sweet 16 for my cousin at Lady Mendl's Tea Salon in New York.  It was a small party -- just a few of the ladies (two of my cousins, my aunt, sister, grandma, and mom), but it was pretty fun, and I think my cousin was surprised.

Lady Mendl's reminded me in part of my grandmother's house (if she lived in a swanky, Gramercy Park brownstone), but that's its charm.  The decor is quaint with the same floral wallpaper my mother hated in my childhood home, but I was always fond of. The food is traditional and delicious -- scones with clotted cream and jam, tartes, tea sandwiches, cake, and of course, tons and tons of different kinds of tea. I chose the Chai, but my cousin had a berry flavor that tasted like chocolate covered strawberries! It wasn't trendy by any means, but if you're in search of a formal, fun party (for a wedding or baby shower, anniversary, or just a special lunch), I'd totally reccomend it.

After, we walked around nearly every part of the city like tourists, and I came home angry at traffic, how crowded everything was, and ready to go to bed.









No comments:

Post a Comment