Monday, October 18, 2010

Smores Cupcakes with Marshmallow Fondant



I've been wanting to make fondant for a while because all the cakes I see with it just look stunning.  Apparently it's not as easy at it looks. That, or I didn't use enough powdered sugar because this fondant was sticky and melty, but it tasted good.  I'm pretty confident that with the correct amount that I swore was too much more powdered sugar it would have turned out just fine. I wish I had more to talk about but I don't. Well, actually, I do, but it's definitely not relevant to cupcakes. It's more about how I'm excited and nervous to finish learning the new songs with Candy Hearts (I'm over-obsessed with making them perfect. It drives me more crazy than boys did when I was 13) and how I've been ignoring my blog because of a string of bad hair days.

Here's the fondant recipe. I swiped it from Babble:
Marshmallow Fondant
1 8 oz. bag of marshmallows
2 Tbsp. water
1-2 lbs powdered sugar
Put Marshmallows in a bowl with water sprinkled ontop. Microwave for 1-2 mins (until puffy but don't let them explode!). Slowly knead in powdered sugar until it's not sticky anymore. Ta-da.

No comments:

Post a Comment